Website Workshops: Everything You Need To Know To Have an Online Business Presence
Our series of Website Workshops is geared for small business owners who want to learn WordPress and create their own online business presence.
WordPress is a software used to create websites easily and quickly. There are many programs available but WordPress stands out as one of the largest blogging and publishing tools used by millions of people around the world.
As a small business owner, I’m intimately familiar with the Jack-Of-All-Trades hat we wear with all its challenges. And, when it comes to technology, it seems easier to hire “experts” than to invest the time to learn and do the job yourself.
Technology can be overwhelming … just thinking about it can be scary … but, you know, no matter how big or small your business, you must have an online presence … your customers expect it.
So, the real question is not whether you should have a business website but rather, should YOU invest the time to learn to create and manage your website or pay someone else to do it?
For me, there was no doubt I needed to do it myself because:
- Finite resources. I didn’t have the $1000 – $5000 to launch my website, let alone the additional fees for maintaining it.
- No control. I didn’t want to depend on anyone for maintaining and updating my website. I wanted full control.
- Learning new skills. Even though time was always in short supply, I knew I needed to fence out some time to learn. I was making an invaluable investment in my business and myself. As a result, I gained confidence and transferable skills … skills that, over the years, have paid me back thousands of times in so many ways.
All it takes is 4 to 6 hours (maximum) to learn and internalize the initial technical skills and get your website created and online. That’s not very long for obtaining the life long skills that will forever give you the freedom to develop and enhance your online business presence.
These workshops are foundational courses from which you can then build on with email marketing, social media, and social media advertising.
The best part of these workshops? You’re in a group with fellow entrepreneurs who have the same goals of improving their businesses and skill sets and who have similar technical backgrounds as you. It’s a great opportunity, in a safe environment, to network, support, and learn from each other.
Some of you may wonder why we focus on WordPress when there are so many click and drag website builders available, some with free plans, like Wix, Squarespace, Shopify, GoDaddy, etc.
Yes, these programs are easy and almost instantaneous but I don’t like their drawbacks, like:
- Limited customization
- May not be mobile friendly
- Look generic and similar to all other websites
- Slow load speeds
- Not Search Engine Optimization friendly
- LACK of CONTROL
Nearly 27% of all websites on the internet use WordPress (and almost 15% of the top 100 websites are on WordPress) and there are reasons for its popularity:
- Easy to use
- No coding knowledge required
- Search engines love WordPress sites
- You have control over your site
- Design is 100% customizable
There may be hundreds of online courses that will teach you the things our workshops will cover (and I’ve taken many of them), but there’s no substitute for a real, live person to help you through the glitches and workarounds.
So, what are you waiting for? Take the plunge, clear out some time, and sign up for our workshops … make the investment in yourself and your business.
For a limited time, we’re offering a 15% discount on your registration fee. Use coupon code: TAKECONTROL.
Go to our Workshop page for more information and to register.