The FLL competition season runs from September to November, when the team participates in an official FIRST Lego League Competition.
During the season, team members are responsible for all aspects of preparing for the upcoming competition. Because they need a solid foundation in robotics as well as begin the process of developing team unity, we have developed a special 7.5 hour training session all team members are required to attend before the start of the season. The training session this year will be held daily August 20-24 from 2:00-3:30.
How is the team organized and run?
- In preparation for the FLL Competition, team members research a real-world problem (put out by FIRST in August) and develop a solution that includes designing, building, and programming a robot.
- During the season, the team meets once a week for approximately 1.5 hours: Mondays, 5:30-7:00pm (depending on progress, the length or frequency of these sessions may increase).
- In these weekly sessions the team members work in small groups to accomplish on their own all aspects of the preparation for the FLL Competition.
- In preparing for the competition, team members develop their presentation skills, as well as their knowledge of robotics and STEM, as they must present their solution with a dash of creativity to judges. They also practice FLL core values, which emphasize discovery, teamwork and good sportsmanship.
- The teams take great pride in their work. While we coach and guide the teams, all of the work you see displayed in competitions and expositions is done ONLY by the members of the team.
The registration fee for the August prerequisite training session is $115.
The registration fee for the Robotics Team is $465 and covers the following:
- minimum 10 sessions from September to November
- participation in FLL Competition
- supplies/materials needed to complete the challenge
- team t-shirt
There are a limited number of spots on the team. All fees will be NON-REFUNDABLE once registration for the team is closed or by August 1st, whichever comes first.
The team is now FULL and registration is CLOSED until next year.
If you missed the FLL team this year, we strongly suggest you sign up for the Development Team which is offered in the Winter and Spring. Please check below for information and registration.